CD PROJEKT RED and Netflix are announcing the online fan event, called WitcherCon, tonight and revealing the date and first details of The Witcher’s online license celebration.
see also: Castlevania, Splinter Cell and Far Cry: Netflix is full of announcements
As if to create a modern day “happening”, the announcement was evoked via a “real fake” conversation on Twitter between the two new partners, who therefore come together to present the very first multi-format event dedicated to the universe. The Witcher.
Hey @WitcherNetflix, are you free on July 9th?
– The Witcher (@witchergame) June 11, 2021
More precisely intended for Friday, July 9, 2021, the WitcherCon is a “stinging event for fans of The Witcher” (ah?), and which “unites the worlds of video games and The Witcher television series”.
She will present all this:
- A variety of interactive and entertaining roundtables featuring the people who brought The Witcher to life in-game and on-screen.
- New information, exclusive behind the scenes and unique revelations from across The Witcher license.
- Close-up of the creative process and production of PROJEKT RED CD games, including the upcoming mobile game The Witcher: Monster Slayer, comics and fan items, AND Netflix series The Witcher plus derivative products, as well as the animated film Nightmare of the Wolf.
- An expert exploration around the universe, legends, monsters and the origin of the Continent.
Available via Twitch and YouTube, the WitcherCon will be broadcast for the first time on July 9 7 p.m. CEST. Fans will be able to watch WitcherCon via two separate streams, each containing exclusive content.
The second stream, also broadcast via Twitch and YouTube, will begin at 3 a.m. CEST on July 10.
The official WitcherCon website is already available and we are told that “the complete agenda will be communicated soon”.