Among the millions of Warframe players, some will switch to new visuals dedicated to the new generation of consoles, and therefore on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S from today. Digital Extremes has just made available the update that optimizes the game for the new consoles, at the same time as update 30, Call of the Tempestarii.
Thinner, smoother and faster warframe on next-gen
However, here is the list of visual improvements available for the game in its next-gen version:
- Improved light rendering with dynamic lighting. Light now follows a natural direction
- Warframe is available up to 60 FPS and 4K on Xbox Series X
- Warframe is available up to 60 FPS and 1080p on Xbox Series S
- Improved in-game loading times with SSD
- Improved texture quality
- Adaptive trigger compatibility with the DualSense controller so that each melee weapon has its own pressure and trigger.
These technical novelties accompany the release of Call of the Tempestarii, the latest update available on all platforms and which allows players to order a revamped Railjack to the new Proxima.
Below, a comparison between Warframe on PS4 (on the left) and its optimized version PS5 (on the right) where we notice that the work on the light seems indeed beneficial to the game.